Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Serina

This week i make a new friend. A nice lady from Sabah, with brown skin and long hair. I never thought that she's a muslim, until she told me that she is also fasting. Today we talked more, while waiting for another patient for ERCP.
"So u are a Malay?" She doesnt look like typical Malay.
"No,I'm Kadazan."
"Oh.Many Kadazans are muslims?"
"No,most of them are Christians. I am born Christian"

"So ur family convert to Islam?"
"No,just me n my brother. My mother is not happy with it"
"I understand. Do u pray?"
"Skarang I cuba blajar jawi, nak blajar sembahyang, I tak pandai. Baru nak practise2.I tak tau mana nak belajar,I belum pergi pejabat agama lagi.Nak pergi pun tak tau kat mana,tak ada masa"
"So ur not officialy muslim la."
"Ya"
"But how's ur faith?"
"I percaya"
"Then ur a muslim already. U should go to pejabat agama n take shahadah fast, the other things can come later."

*Perbualan selanjutnya dirahsiakan.

She is the 2nd person i encounter with this problem since i was here. The first 1 is Sam,an indian guy, reverted to Islam when he went to Aceh. Considered Hindu in Malaysia, but a muslim in faith. I started suspecting him a muslim when he advised me for my oncall when i was still new "Yang penting u bla bla bla, jaga solat, bla bla" .Huh. Jaga solat? That's kind of weird for him to say such things. Jarang org bukan melayu guna perkataan solat. N after that,yes, i was right.
"Mak I kata concentrate kerja dulu, nanti dah balik Semenanjung baru fikir hal ni".
Dont know how is he now.

Saya terfikir, Is it important to make it official?

Ada satu perasaan dlm hati saya. Tapi tak tau apa dia.
Syukur?
Sedih?

Kasihani dan ampunilah kami ya Tuhan..

2 comments:

fadezek said...

both-syukur n sedih

bureaucracy myth sometimes hard to encounter-lah.
for me the important is the faith in you.tp,nak mati kang susah nak tanam.haha...

tp teringat kisah raja najasyi pd zaman rasulullah y ditanam cara kristian even dah muslim.rasulullah n sahabat cool je...fuh,proud to be muslim-lah

Jacknaim said...

hurm.. nice experience!